Saturday, July 04, 2015

12 Tags of 2015 - July


 I don't really 'do' tags but I have been playing along with Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2015 and I must say I'm having a great time. Out of the 7 so far...this is my favourite! I got the 'flag' image off of the internet as I don't have an Australian flag stamp even though I am very patriotic that's not a stamp I would really buy.

 I then stamped my AUS using some letter stamps and then for the third element, I used a stamp I hadn't used yet out of a reasonably new stamp set. I coloured my stamping with Distress Inks by dipping them into the colour and letting the colours do their thing and once again, I actually, really and truly sewed my tag! This a big thing for me as the sewing machine is a bit like a 'black snake' in our house....lol

 I also coloured my ribbon similar to what Tim did but as I don't have distress ink pens, I just ran my ink pad along the edge of the ribbon and then spritzed it with some water and to finish it off, I attached a key to my ribbon. Thanks for taking a peek...


20 comments:

  1. Excellent tag Vikki, you made Australia a star, love all the elements

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your Australian verson. i live in Norway and our national colours are red, white and blue too. You gave me great inspiration! Thanks!
    Hugz, Brita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Australian version of Tim's Tag! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Great way to adapt Tim's tag for your country. :)
    ~~julia~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful interpretation of Tim's July tag, love how you've made it as a celebration of Australia! Well done :O) Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag Vicki! Love that you used Good old Aussie flag. What a great country we live in. Haven't started mine yet, but love yours. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Aussie take! Congrats on your win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, congrats on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very well done! Congratulations on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your win...I am loving the tags made from other countries from July's Tag....It is so much fun seeing what other people create. Your elements are very appealing to the eye! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vikki! Love your Australian patriotic version of Tim's July Tag! Congrats on your Win!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your tag! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your tag! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your July win. Your tag was a favourite from the moment you posted it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your win, Vicki! Well deserved!
    ~~~julia~~~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tag...congratulations on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful tag! Congratulations on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Love your crafty tags. Congratulations on the win!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment. Have a great day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...