Saturday, January 08, 2022

One More Trip Around the Sun


Happy New Year! 

My first card for 2022 that wasn't a Christmas card...I keep making Christmas cards while I am still in the mood, it gives me a head start for next Christmas. 

Todays card, I have used new stamps from the 2021 Stamptember, Sunflower Garden & XL Birthday Greetings. I stamped the Sunflower image in black ink and then clear embossed it. I then used some Distress Oxides : Broken China & Wild Honey that was watered down so I could colour my image with a watercolour look by dabbing different areas of the image into the ink and drying between dabs. Once dry, I stamped my sentiment in black and clear embossed it to make it pop. I then layered it on some DP from my mountain of DP that I really need to use and also used a cover plate to give my white layer a bit more interest.

I am adding my card to the following challenges...


Thanks for popping by



 

3 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card, Vikki! Wonderful colors and I especially love your sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great sentiment, very beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cheery card for January! Love that sentiment too. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment. Have a great day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...