Saturday, October 16, 2021

Christmas in the Heart



I created today's card after being inspired by a card made by Karen Dunbrook at Snippets where she used a Gelli Plate and a stencil to create a background image. I didn't have a Christmas stencil but I did have some dies, so I cut out an image that I wanted to use from heavy cardstock and off I went. I swiped DI Peacock Feathers and Fossilized Amber and then brayered the colours to blend. I then laid my die cut image down on the Gelli Plate and then added my panel. I brayered the panel very well to ensure the ink was transferred onto the card and around my die cut. I then lifted my panel to reveal the above. I stamped my sentiment and clear embossed it and then flicked the panel with some watered down Peacock Feathers. I also punched out some tiny stars and added them for a bit more interest before attaching it to my base.

I am adding my card to the following challenges...


Thanks for stopping by

 

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done, I like the inking and image and the sentiment is perfect,thanks for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week! Have a great day!

    Leanne DT/KCC
    Krafty Chicks Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Vicki. Love how you've created that background. I've totally forgotten how awesome the gelli plate is. Thanks for joining us at the WWC. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous technique and such perfect colors for a Christmas card! I need to dust off my gelli plate!!

    Thank you so much for sharing again at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment. Have a great day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...