Monday, April 21, 2014

Forever Friends


Lucky me...I'm spending my Easter Monday in my craft room while skyping with my mate Robyn! I hope your Easter has been lovely, we have had a very quiet one as hubby has had to work all weekend. We will be making up for it next weekend which is another long weekend in Australia due to the ANZAC public holiday on Friday. We usually go and support the ANZAC parades which are to acknowledge our men & women that have served in the Australian & New Zealand military in past and present conflicts but this year we are having a weekend away with family and friends staying out our friends beach hut. Autumn is a beautiful time of year in North Queensland so it is going to be a lovely weekend up there and it should be a bit quieter than this weekend would have been we hope, as most people go away for Easter, we would think they won't go away two weekends in a row...either way, I am really looking forward to it.
Anyway, back to my card...The Friday Mashup have a sketch and they would like it done in the Ombre technique...I've never heard of this before but apparently it means graduated colour, so I have taken up their challenge and the colour combo I have chosen is the latest one over at Inspired By Stamping. Make sure you pop on over to both challenges and check them out...I'll be back a little later with another card hopefully, until then happy stamping.


+ Ombre background


6 comments:

  1. Lovely soft card Vikki, like how you masked the frame and then highlighted it on the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vikki, a lovely card..fabulous layout. I haven't crafted at all over the weekend..we've had a lot of family time and outdoors time, but it's been great, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful soft card! LOVE the scene you created! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS and have a great week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun background! It looks very textured... how did you do it? The colors and butterfly definitely feel like (N. Hemisphere) spring. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love all the gray and that super funky background. Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love how you tilted the main panel. Thanks for sharing with us at IBS :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment. Have a great day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...