Saturday, March 29, 2014

What's on your work desk Wednesday?


I know, I know I'm a bit late posting what's on my work desk but I actually had something to talk about so I really wanted to post this week. Even after my New Year's Resolution, to post on WOYWW  more often, I just haven't been able to get here but I'm here this week finally, better late than never as they say....
On my desk you can see I have an A5 note pad...and there's a story behind it. Last month my husbands lovely Aunty passed away. We were able to attend her funeral which was in another town about 5 hours south of us which meant my husband was able to catch up with some of his family that we really haven't seen in many many years. We spent most of our time with 2 of his Uncles & Aunts. In the process of spending time with them I found out that one of his Aunts writes poetry which I never knew and she uses this size notebook and as I like playing with paper I thought I would buy her another notebook and dress it up.


I have never really done this type of thing before so I'm a bit of a novice...I picked a nice soft toned DP and covered the front and back covers with it, then I placed a contrasting DP and covered the inside so as not to see the folds of the other paper.


I then went searching on the internet for a nice quote about poetry and came across this one. I printed it on a bit of the cover DP and then framed it with a fancy Spellbinder square using some of the inside DP.....added some flowers and some nice quotes that I had in assorted stamp sets and trimmed the edge with lace to try and hide the binding a bit. I'm not sure if it needs a little something else but I will  leave it sit for a couple of days and have another look at it and see how I feel. 


So, if you're wondering why I'm rambling on about what's on my desk...pop on over to Julia's blog where you can check out heaps of desks from around the world!! Hope you've had a great week and look forward to visiting your desk....




6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift for Aunty! Your poetry notebook turned out so lovely, I wouldn't have know you are a novice! Happy WOYWW!
    Hugs, peggy aplSEEDS @3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hubby's aunty is going to love it Vik!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great notebook cover, his aunts is going to love it. It is a really lovely thought of you to do this for her. As for posting late, better late than ever. I am still getting around the desks with a heavy work schedule, actually sneaking a few desks in while I am still at work. Thanks for visiting.

    Belated WOYWW greetings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vikki, great notebook cover, your aunt will be thrilled! I've been the same, promised myself I'd WOTWW every week and have managed about 3 times...so from next week....hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea there Vikki.... love how it turned out and do like the poetry quote, too! a clever, caring piece of work. Thanks for popping over, Shaz in Oz. X #15

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vikki.. Your poetry notebook has turned our beautifully and your aunt will love it...great poetry quote too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment. Have a great day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...